The Plano ISD Cyber Safety website is designed to provide information for our students, teachers and parents to strengthen awareness and increase understanding about internet safety and digital citizenship. Explore topics on how to become responsible users of our technology resources in the classroom and at home.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Never give any personal information to anyone you meet online.
- Don't answer emails or IMs from people you don't know.
- Be careful about posting pictures of yourself.
- Never meet up with anyone you don't already know.
10/15/2012 - article from fbi.gov
Internet Safety site from FBI
The FBI has a new program that can help. Today, as part of its longstanding crime prevention and public outreach efforts , the FBI is announcing a free web-based initiative designed to help teachers educate students about cyber safety.
After entering the FBI-SOS website, students “travel” to their grade-specific island, which includes either seven or eight learning
portals to visit. These areas address topics such as the protection of personal information, password strength, cell phone safety, social
networking, and online gaming safety.
Visit FBI Cyber Surf Islands